Since 2009, The Montresso★ Art Foundation has devoted itself to the creation and development of an artists residence in the Marrakech region: Jardin Rouge
A place of reflection and creation, Jardin Rouge aims to promote dialogue between artistic cultures. It thus allows artists to set up personal projects as part of their residencies.
In cooperation with the artist, the foundation validates the artistic project and makes the necessary technical, material and financial resources available to the residents. Jardin Rouge is a creativity laboratory whose objective is to bring innovative ideas to life.
A hybrid place, the Jardin Rouge residence aims to go beyond the idea of the place of creation, by also being a meeting and promotion place. It is open to visitors by appointment and welcomes collectors, amateurs, journalists and art specialists. A part of the works created by the artists is therefore proposed for acquisition, in agreement with the artist.
On occasion, events are also organized within the foundation and outside its walls to offer artists the opportunity to benefit from visibility in Morocco and abroad.
The residency is open to visual artists: painters, sculptors, photographers, of Moroccan or foreign nationality. The resident is invited to continue his or her personal research, in resonance with the context.
The period of residency is for a minimum of one month and a maximum of 3 months. The artist may be invited to return to continue his research on the basis of the initial project or in the development of new projects in agreement with the artistic direction.
Jardin Rouge provides the artist with work and accommodation facilities so that the artist can find conditions conducive to artistic research and original creation.
The foundation is responsible for financing the production of the artist’s work on the Jardin Rouge site.
Objectives of the
- Support contemporary creation by offering technical and financial assistance so that an artist can carry out high-quality personal research.
- Encourage encounters with the public through an artistic project and studio visits.
- To accompany the artist in the development of a first project and then to support him in the medium-long term in the continuity of this project or the advent of others.
- Promote the artist’s artistic project to an audience of collectors and a media network.
For all artistic residency applications, please complete the downloadable application form and send it to
Please send only this one email via WE TRANSFER or in PDF.
Sending to other addresses will not be taken into account.
Download the application
Documents to attach to the file
- CV (in WORD or PDF format) The mentions solos and group show must be specified
- Text explaining precisely your artistic project at Jardin Rouge through a description of the artistic purpose and techniques used (maximum 3 pages), accompanied by a provisional budget.
- Sketch/drawing supporting the understanding of your artistic project (in WORD or PDF format).
- Letter of intent explaining why you chose Jardin Rouge.
- Completed general information questionnaire.